The Master of Arts (M.A.) in Education provides advance preparation for educational professionals who wish to enhance their knowledge base and professional background in educational fields. All courses are offered at times convenient for in-service teachers.
Master of Arts in Education Program Learning Outcomes:
• Demonstrate knowledge of current research, theory, and best practices in education and chosen area of
• Demonstrate an in-‐depth knowledge of research on serving all individuals particularly related to students
with diversity of ability, language, culture, socio-‐economic status, and gender;
• Demonstrate skills in creating equitable classrooms, groups and/or programs.
• Demonstrate knowledge of assessment and assessment design.
• Demonstrate knowledge of skills needed to advocate and/or effectively engage children, families and/or service
• Demonstrate knowledge of policies, legislation, and case law related to schooling, school wide reforms and proven practices.
• Demonstrate knowledge of skills needed to communicate and establish professional collaboration with others.
Our program currently offers the following specializations:
- Educational Leadership
- Disabilities Studies (Special Education)- Open now for Fall 2017 admission!
- Curriculum and Instruction